CoyDog Botanicals line of clay masks are created with various clays and organic herbs that are packaged in a resealable pouch which contain 15-20 individual facial masks or 5-7 extra large body masks. You mix each mask fresh yourself using one or more of the suggested ingredients for perfect blending customization.
For a deeply detoxifying & oil-drawing treatment that remineralizes and balances the skin, our Matcha (Green Tea) Rose Mask is the heftiest in our lineup of masks. French green clay has a wonderful absorbing capacity that pulls excessive oils, dead skin cells, bacteria and debris from the pores while imparting moisture and softness to the skin. Pores are noticeably tightened and and the skin is toned and firmed while increased circulation brings oxygenation and an overall brightness to the complexion. Green tea supports collagen health and imparts antioxidants to destroy free radicals. And the beloved rose brings antibacterial, emollient and anti-inflammatory properties to further quell various skin conditions.
This mask blend is recommended for normal to oily skin types and may prove to be a little too intense for those with dry or very sensitive skin. If you are working with a mature skin type, be sure to use at least one ingredient that provides extra moisturizing to the skin.
We also happen to think that masks are a lovey and simple way to pamper ourselves and take a moment to slow down and relax.
Comes with a bamboo mixing spoon. Metal can be harmful to your clays.
Matcha & Rose Clay Mask 1.2 oz
How: Combine two scoops (about one teaspoon) of powder with enough water to make a paste. Apply to clean, damp skin. For a quickie facial, massage gently for 60-90 seconds, step into the shower and rinse. For a deeper treatment, leave the mask for 5-10 minutes, and then massage it off in the shower. Use once or twice a week.
Try using: Rose Water instead of water, or Apple Cidar Vinegar. Play around with your clay mask and find what works best for your skin.
Add: 3 - 5 drops of your favorite CoyDog Skin Serum. Blend and smoth over face. Follow clay mask directions
100% pure and natural French Green Clay, 100% pure orangic Matcha (Green Tea), and 100% pure orgainc Rose Petal Powder
Municipal water is not recommended as a blending ingredient. Most importantly, DO NOT USE METAL SPOONS OR BOWLS to mix your mask as it interacts with the clay and diminishes its detoxifying capacity.
**PLEASE NOTE most dark color clays will stain most light colored towels. Use darker colored towels or have a set that you use exclusively for skin care that you don’t mind staining.
- Pour 1/2 to one teaspoon of mask powder into bowl or hand
- Add small amount of mixing ingredients at a time to gradually build to desired thickness. Thicker masks will dry more slowly than thin, and thin masks are more suitable to sensitive skin types. (See below for ingredient suggestions)
- Once desired consistency has been reached, apply mask to cleansed face with fingers and allow to dry. Mixtures with honey added may still feel sticky when dry but will not release from the skin when touched.
- To remove, use a clean warm washcloth that you don’t mind staining and steam the face for a few moments to loosen the clay. Use gentle strokes to remove and re-steam any areas where the mask may be stubbornly clinging to. Being too rough in removing a mask can cause trauma to the skin, so be sure to use care and take your time.
- Complete your facial with a spritz of toner and your favorite CoyDog Skin Serum and/or moistuurizer.
OTHER SUGGESTED BLENDING INGREDIENTS: multiple mixing ingredients can be used in your customization
For All Skin Types:
- toner (alcohol free) – provides ph appropriate blending that adds additional healing properties
- herbal teas – healing botanical benefits; example: Chamomile for inflammation or Green Tea for brightening
- flower waters – often contain vitamin C * gentle and fragrant * beneficial to aging and sensitive skin
- plain yogurt – contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid which dissolves dead skin cells * gentle exfoliant * antibacterial * reduces skin discoloration * diminishes appearance of wrinkles * beneficial for improving acne-prone skin * highly moisturizing
For Oily Skin Types:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – anti-inflammatory * helps control sebum production * detoxifying
- Lemon Juice – diluted at a ration of 1:4 * controls sebum production * vitamin C content brightens skin and supports collagen production * lightens spots from sun exposure (best combined with honey)
For Extra Moisture:
- honey – deeply moisturizing * antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it great for all skin and can also be particularly helpful with acne-prone skin
- milk – moisturizing * beneficial enzymes, proteins, minerals and vitamins for skin * calming for sensitive skin * helps diminish hyper-pigmentation (Should be avoided with acne-prone skin types)
CoyDog Botanicals strives to use only the highest quality ingredients including organic, free-trade and wild-crafted sources whenever possible. All of our ingredients are chosen to help support and encourage healthy and non-toxic lifestyles while also remaining conscious of our healing planet. All of our products are carefully hand-crafted in Hudson Massachusetts.
These products have not been tested by the FDA. All content provided is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used for diagnosis or as a substitute for the advice of a professional healthcare provider. If irritation is experienced, discontinue use.